If you like to spend time writing, but want a day job to keep the finances ticking over, get a cleaning job.
1. Most cleaning jobs are early morning, so you’re up and out, then you have the rest of the day to yourself. Or, they’re evening jobs, so you’ll have the mornings free.
2. You have to be reasonably fit, and your job will make sure you keep moving. Important when you get older to be able to move around before sitting down at your desk to write.
3. It’s not like you’ll be stuck at a desk all day. And you get to meet a variety of people, which can only help with the story writing.
4. Mostly, you should be able to get a job, as we all need cleaners, whether it’s in the home or workplace. Not everyone wants to do this kind of job, so that makes it that less people apply.
5. You might be lucky like me and have a great employer with a good sense of humour and who appreciates you.
So what are you waiting for, go and get that job…….
Coming soon, Murder on the Market.
Published on Creative Frontiers.