Teresa has sent me two lovely awards, thank you. Not only for the awards, but for keeping me entertained with your smashing stories. And Teresa is now on Twitter for anyone who may be on there and not following her yet. One thing I always love about the stories written by Teresa is that there’s usually a family, and a dog, and plenty of action and problems, but hopefully a happy ending. She writes the stories that I’m aiming for. Then again, I remember reading a story about scarecrows, it scared me, quite witchy in fact. I quite like your scary stories Teresa, so hope there will be more of those.
I have a letter in the September issue of Writing Magazine. Thank you to Nicola for pointing this out. I heard this week that it won’t be long until my story about growing up in the 1970’s is published. There will be four stories in the book. Now I have to list 7 family things about me.
1. I broke my nose while out walking with Mum and our cousins. I climbed up on an old gate and swung upside down. (can’t think why?) All of a sudden, the gate crashed down, I saw stars. The good thing was, Mum and Dad bought me a black poodle.
2. We lived in West Africa for a year while growing up. I hated it at first, and kept on at Mum to send home for ham cobs, cheese cobs, and other favourite foods. It grew on me after a while, when Mum made paw paw pie. It tasted like apple, so it wasn’t too bad.
3. When we went to Auntie’s for Sunday tea, we’d play that game where one person whispers something, then passes it on. The fun is when you got to the end and the sentence was nothing to do with the one that started off.
4. I grew up on a plant nursery, where Grandad would spend lots of time, helping me with jig-saws and telling nursery rhymes.
5. I have three children, who are now grown up adults. They are great, and always make me laugh without even trying.
6. I’m married to a man who is the best best best.
7. Our daughter makes wonderful cakes. She’s just phoned and told me she’s made lemon cake and fairy cakes. I’m hoping to get a picture, then I’ll put it on here.
I am passing these lovely awards on to anyone who wants one.
I sent a story off to Take a Break in February. They sent it back in July. Now I think they must have liked it as sometimes I get one back in the same week. So now that same story has been altered a bit and sent out to Woman’s Weekly. Fingers crossed.